Saturday, July 21, 2007

Remember When?: Phyllis Diller




Phyllis Diller (now 90 and still a hoot). My favourite comedienne of all time. Here are a couple of her routines.

To this day I still roar when I hear the two original records I have of hers. Phyllis was best with her own writing. It seems that no one was better at coming up with those lines than the master herself. I went with my family to see her at the Imperial Room in the Royal York Hotel, here in Toronto. She was incredible! I almost got to meet her backstage, but due to a mix-up, I missed out. But I did get a call from the Maitre-d the next day. He said Miss Diller had waited for me backstage, but carelessly nobody told me that! Grrrr.

Click here for video

Click here for an audio bio with many excerpts from Phyllis' first two albums, "Are you Ready?" and "Phyllis Diller Laughs". 29 min - I have these, but they are very scratched due to many years of use. Guaranteed to make you laugh!

Enjoy...

No comments: