Sunday, October 21, 2007

Why I boycott "Impark" parking lots . . .




Have you ever parked at an Impark parking lot? Almost all of their lots are Pay and Display. If you don't pay, or the time expires, Impark has guys that do nothing but monitor their lots 24/7 in little "Smart Cars". They nail vehicles with tickets ranging from $35-70 and up! The sad thing is this is now legal and you have to pay or you will be hounded by a collection agency and maybe more? If it is late at night these guys pull into a lot and ticket and photograph the back/front of your car. These vultures can do an entire lot in minutes. The tickets are automated. Not only that, they somehow get (illegal?) access to your car's registration and get your personal information so they can mail one of their "summons" to you!


5 comments:

myrtle said...

Oh yes I have been a victim of these vultures. This was especially mean as it was at a hospital location. I had a very ill relative in surgery and after having already paid the maximum for the day was ticketed for going over at night. I have just joined your boycott.

Unknown said...

I agree. I'm a lawyer thinking of starting a lawsuit on these issues, so please get in touch, can via a google search.

Glyn Hotz

michael sean morris said...

I work at an Impark lot in Vancouver; they have the most disgusting corporate culture. I am contract security, and the staff treat me like shit. They steal my lunch and report me for every minor infraction. I was once sitting down to update my notebook and got disciplined for slacking off.

Boycott Impark

Anonymous said...

These guys ticket me for parking in the visitor parking at my own building. There's no option to pay, you just get fined for being in the parking area outside of their specified hours. I have received several tickets from these idiots and will never pay any of them.

Anonymous said...

I also work for ImPark only I work in Minnesota. I have never seen our company do any of these things. I am sure they have some right to ticket you but not by that much. I am sorry for anyone's inconvience but I have never seen anything like this happen.